Kerfoot Burroughs LLP provides a collegial work environment for all our employees along with opportunities for personal and professional development. We offer competitive remuneration and benefits for our lawyers and staff and host several social events for our lawyers and staff throughout the year.
We are actively looking for experienced solicitor or litigation associates to join our firm. Entrepreneurial lawyers or those with a full or partial practice are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in propelling your career further at Kerfoot Burroughs LLP, we invite you to submit your name for consideration. Submit a copy of your latest resume and a cover letter describing your qualifications and reasons for wanting to be a part of our team to our contact shown below.
We are not currently accepting applications for articles.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Intermediate Level LAA to work with our senior litigation lawyer. Practice area responsibility will primarily include litigation support in family, personal injury and general commercial litigation. This is an excellent opportunity to gain broad based experience in multiple practice areas.
As the ideal candidate you will possess a legal assistant diploma or commensurate experience in a legal environment, strong MS Works skills and exposure to PCLaw.
You will be highly organized, willing to learn, have an eye for detail and have strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- File openings and closings
- Written and telephone communications with individual, corporate clients, opposing counsel and self-represented litigants
- Assist with preparation of correspondence, faxes, documents, etc. using Digital Dictaphone, email instructions, copy typing and handwritten notes
- Assist with preparation of court documentation using Word & Acrobat
- File documents in Court Registries
- Book mediations, discoveries, judicial case conferences, trials, client appointments etc.
- Conduct relevant searches and due-diligence enquiries
- Maintain BF and Precedent systems
- Handle associated file organization and administrative tasks
- Assist Lawyers with billing matters
- Deal with incoming/outgoing mail & faxes
- Arrange for couriers
- Graduation from accredited Legal Administrative Assistant program
- Experience with Court Services Online and online registrations/searches
- Proactive work style
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Solid organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under time pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English, oral and written
- Strong dictation skills
We offer a competitive compensation arrangement with benefits to the right candidate. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.