For most people or businesses in Metro Vancouver, the purchase, mortgage, or sale of real estate will be one of the most important financial decisions they will make. To protect such an investment, and to ensure a stable future for your family or your business, it is recommended that you receive advice from our team of experienced Vancouver Real Estate lawyers. What easements or other charges are registered against the property? Should you get title insurance or a survey certificate? How does a strata corporation work? With commercial projects, due diligence issues such as zoning, joint venture agreements, sub-division and financing may all come into play.
We spend considerable amounts of time providing quality service that is appropriate for important transactions. We apply our technology and experienced assistants in a thorough and cost-effective manner. Our firm recognizes that each client has different needs, and our Vancouver Real Estate lawyers will spend the time to ensure that your best interests are well looked after.
At Kerfoot Burroughs LLP, providing quality real estate legal services is a big part of what we do. We understand how important your transaction is – whether you’re buying your first home, leasing space in a shopping centre, or developing an office building. Our lawyers have extensive experience in all aspects of Real Estate law, including:
- Residential purchases and sales (including strata and leasehold properties)
- Purchases and sales of commercial and industrial properties
- Leases and tenancy agreements
- Mortgage loans and financing
- Land development
- Construction contracts
- Joint venture and partnership agreements
- Builders liens
In addition to the countless number of individuals and families we have helped buy, sell or refinance their homes in Metro Vancouver, here are examples of work we recently handled for clients through our Vancouver Real Estate practice:
- Assisted in the negotiation of a surrender of lease after the premises had been destroyed by a fire
- Worked with our client and his advisors to review an Offer to Purchase of a multi-tenant office complex in Yaletown
- Worked with a Private Lender to prepare the mortgage documentation for a residential development project subject to a Heritage Designation
- Saved our client thousands of dollars, if not a hundred thousand or more, that would have otherwise been spent in complex litigation, by helping our client negotiate the sale of a number of commercial properties that were subject to an ongoing dispute between the other joint venture partners